Terms & Conditions
Fishing Rules are all available on our website www.docklowpools.com
- All holidays are to be paid in full two months before arrival date – date shown over leaf
- The responsibility to pay on time is with the customer.
- The two-month rule supersedes the 31st January arrangement.
- So, if you are arriving in January, February or March be aware of this request
- There is no “Pay on the day” arrangement
- A deposit is expected to be paid of £50 per person per week, minimum of £100 within seven days of the booking being made.
- Deposits for roll over bookings are requested in December for a final date of payment 31st January
- There are no deals. It’s the price as shown – all payments are banked
- Prefer two transactions maximum
- a deposit and a balance payment.
- Please avoid more than 2 payments – we aren’t set up for more than 2.
- All payments are subject to VAT which is included in the price
- This applies to everything Docklow Pools sells – Holidays, fishing, restaurant etc.
- Late payments are subject to a fee to cover administration chasing outstanding balance
- Late payments are bad news to Docklow Pools. It puts us in an uncomfortable situation and in the most cases is totally avoidable
- Late fees are:
- 1st occasion within a week or an agreed delay – no late fee
- £10 per phone per property per week after due date.
- Any delay more than 7 days - £50 late
- Sort Code 20-39-64
- Account Number 23042561
- Credit card payments slipping through the net will incur a charge of £10 to cover the costs implied to us by our card pdq provider.
Confirmation of transactions
- Prepaid fishing:
- £30 for a weekly single rod permit
- £40 for a weekly double rod permit (Non-Major Bill)
- £50 for a weekly Major Bill Ticket (covers everything with 2 rods)
- £35 for a weekly single rod permit
- £45 for a weekly double rod permit (Non-Major Bill)
- £70 for a weekly Major Bill Ticket – not guaranteed to be available- (covers everything with 2 rods)
What ticket shall I buy?
Many of our guests come to “pleasure” fish and we`ll never really move away from that (hence why it’s maximum of 6 in any party) – we aren’t a big match venue but have one match a day to appease match and non-match anglers. For non-match anglers, this means more space on the remaining lakes.
All matches are organized by shop - Docklow Tackle – Telephone 01568760 544
From April to Mid-October they are:
- 1. Saturday – OPEN match - £15
- 2. Sunday – OPEN match - £15
- 3. Monday – Residents only Knock Up- £10
- 4. Tuesday – Match lake for residents (Draw is Monday evening in bar)
- 5. Wednesday – OPEN match £10
- 6. Thursday – OPEN match £10
There may be a match on a specified pool each Monday and Friday depending on numbers. Again, check with shop. All matches are a 9.30am (change from last year. Gives time to have your breakfast) draw apart from resident’s match which is drawn on a Monday evening. Please note - There are no Private Knock Ups (Finished in 2016) – with a match almost every day there is no need for it.
A Membership scheme is recommended if you’re a regular visitor.
- It starts at just £70 for the year. (Over 65’s is just £50 per season.)
- Renewal date is up until April annually. Concessions available for seniors, Partners etc.
- If you’re coming more than a week makes sense – ask for details
- Covers all lakes except Major Bill
- Membership is dealt with face to face with the shop
General Rules – All Lakes
- Thieves will be prosecuted – all fish must be returned to the lake they were caught immediately
- Regardless of Nationality all anglers are expected to read the rules BEFORE fishing.
- Responsibility of all anglers to abide by the rules
- No night fishing (Except Major Bill)– All anglers to pack up an hour before dark
- Litter louts will be banned. Please leave facility clean and tidy. Dust bins behind tackle shop
- Keep Docklow quiet and peaceful – no shouting or swearing across the lake. Radios on low
- Cars must always be left on the car park .
- No cars to be taken around the lakes
- Non-day ticket or matches – River members or weekly permit residents only
- Please call shop to book in, so we can work in harmony with the local farmers
- No litter or leaving gates open or inconsiderate parking
- Directions & parking pass given out at arrival. Deliberately kept private
- Suitable for abled bodied individuals.
- Wye is at Rotherwas Chapel (HR2 6LD) & Lulham (HR2 9JP)
- Teme is at Tenbury Wells (WR15 8NH)
- Lugg is at Bodenham (HR1 3JZ)
- Broadwas Teme is WR6 5NE
- Separate silver and carp nets preferred.
- 5-hour match maximum so the fish can be returned as quickly as possible.
- Use weighing mats where possible, please don’t tip fish onto a hard surface.
- Docklow Pools matches are run by Docklow Tackle 01568760 544
- There are no private knock ups after 2018.
Fishing Rules Specifics
Rules are written by Simon Bozward. Questions call him on 01568760544All lakes
- No keep Nets (apart from matches)
- Barbless hooks only
- No elasticated feeders or fixed rigs
- Surface fishing with a pole or “zig rig” only
- Fishery Feed pellets only
- You can use your own hook pellet
- No cat meat, Ground Bait (includes method mix), Nuts or Paste
- All anglers must have a landing net (land all fish 4” with it) and an applicable EA License
Major Bill Rules
(Slightly different to above)
- Private lake for Major Bill members & residents who’ve bought a weekly ticket only.
- 7-acre Lake. 16 Pegs available – Residents must pay their £50 before arrival to guarantee a peg
- No match tackle i.e. poles, match rods etc. Or air guns
- Barbless hooks only
- No Nuts
- No fixed rigs.
- No use of sacks or nets to retain fish
- No leaving during darkness
- Fluro-carbon, mono or coated hook lengths only
- Bivvies’ should be attended. No reserving pegs.
- No live baiting or removal of any fish.
- Any Pellet allowed on the Major Bill.
- Minimum 42” landing net without exception because of the size of the fish
- Unhooking mats – Must be large enough to deal with big Catfish, and preferably of the poly ball variety.
- Maximum of 3 rods total.
- Be aware of Seasonal opening.
- In season Opening times 8am to 2pm daily. (Saturday to 4pm).
- Winter opening times vary
- Shop organises Matches and Opens. Fresh bait is available every day. Ask for details.
- As the shop supplies, other local waters there maybe items stocked that cannot be used at Docklow.
- Please be aware this is a separate business to Docklow Pools run by Simon Bozward
Lakes & Rivers
All lakes are manmade. Average 3 to 5 feet deep. Clay bottom.
- 1. Farmer Jack
- a. 45 pegs. Used for matches at the weekend and on a Thursday.
- b. Best for carp & some silvers
- c. Good access – own car park
2. Figure of Eight
- a. Relatively small lake.
- b. No matches. Day Ticket pool for everyone
- c. Great for all sorts including silvers and carp
- d. Own car park – good access
3. Major Bill
4. Match Pool
5. Mickey Mouse
6. Moby Dick
7. Railway Lake
8. River Lugg
9. River Teme
10. River Wye
- ii. Lulham
- 1. Park by river side
- 2. Has 8 pegs – 4 easy – 4 hard
- 3. Slow flow but full of Barbel
12. Bridge Pool
13. Stock Pool
14. Tench Pool
New 2020 rules involve payment of dogs, and breeds allowed
- Clover, Bramble, Snowdrop, Mistletoe, Primrose, Honeysuckle, Severn & Teme
- Pit Bull —American Staffordshire Terrier, American Pit Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Bully.
Terms & Conditions
- The conduct of their party
- Sharing paperwork including fishing rules with all party before arrival
- Any debt or damage caused by their party
- Outstanding accounts
- Bad debts or unnecessary damage will be followed through by our solicitor
- Minimum 3 nights – usually from April to Mid-October
- Available on 10 properties only as stated from April to October
- Minimum 2 nights’ options on limited properties usually from Mid-October to Mid-March
- The self-catering fisherman lodges (weekly only)
- Farmhouse bed & breakfast (weekly only)
- A selection of two or three-bedroom traditional cottages (short break & weekly options available).
Fishing Responsibilities (see Rules section):
- We ask all anglers to read the up to date rules
- It’s is forbidden to use ground-bait or barbed hooks – We will ask anglers to pack up and leave if caught using
- Rules are in place to keep us a happy, clean business protecting our stock as it protects us.
- Day ticket covers Mickey Mouse, Moby Dick & Figures of Eight lakes only.
- A membership scheme is available to regular visitors
Property Departure expectations
Bed & Breakfast customers
- Full English or Small English or, sandwich, beans on toast, Toast, Cereals, Tea & Coffee, Orange juice
- Variances of breakfast not included in bed & breakfast price and will be charged. E.g. Eggs benedict. Pancakes.
Fisherman’s Arms - Restaurant & Bar
- Mornings, every lunch times and evenings
- Seven Days a week
- Opening times are 8am through to 2pm and evening from 6pm. Saturday from 5pm
- Food is available until 9pm.
- A quality pub serving homemade food.
- Menus can be found on our website before your visit
- We aren’t:
- A fast food business
- W have earned Five-star Hygiene rating
- We have a great reputation shared with locals and residents
- We’ll never turn you away, but be prepared to wait if you don’t book a table
- Sunday is a fantastic all-day carvery
- WIFI is available free of charge in the bar & restaurant area.
- There is no other WIFI on site
- Out of season opening Restaurant openings (November to March):
- Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings and Sunday lunch time unless otherwise advised
- Please make team aware of any food allergies if necessary
- NRA fishing license is a sensible thing to start with, as occasionally water bailiffs do walk our waters.
- Docklow does have our bailiff checking hooks and baits etc.
- We supply bed linen but not hand, bath & tea towels.
- Towels supplied in Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast only
- We don’t supply towels or bathmats
- All properties have a tackle shed (including the farmhouse bed & breakfast)
- No tackle and bait to enter any cottages, lodges, apartments or rooms. Lock ups are provided for a reason.
- There are no bait fridges in the lock up, yet fresh bait is sold in the shop daily in the summer.
- Guests supply their own pad locks (this applies to B&B, and some traditional style cottages only. Specifically shown below in key property information)
- April to October we do not charge for gas usage.
- £1-coin meters apply to Traditional style cottages.
- Not Premier
- Most meters are still operated by a £1-coin meter (new style)
- Cottages with electric meters are shown on their individual page on website.
- We now recycle glass, food, paper & plastic
- Customers are asked to dispose of their rubbish & waste appropriately
- Plastic, tin, glass and paper is to be separated by the customer
- That includes fishing
- The old system of one bag for everything has now finished
- Food needs to be placed in the biodegradable bags provided.
- Dog poo is to be disposed in to the red “Dog poo” bins within a sealed bag.
- Our costs and instructions to remove waste these days are very length.
- (Docklow Pools pays over £4,000 per month on rates without the bins being emptied)
- A further £600 per month is paid to collect waste under very strict & specific terms.
- We can’t collect any old fishing equipment or anything unrelated to Docklow Pools anymore – customers will need to take those items home or take to the local tip in Leominster.
- 110 acres of countryside to walk.
- Coffee Shop from 8am.
- Entertainment –Tuesday and Fridays we have a singer in the bar.
- Snooker & Pool Room.
- Wi-Fi is available free of charge in the bar during opening hours. There is no other WIFI facility here.
- Woodland walk
- Official arrival time is 11am to 2pm
- Please don’t check in until at least 11am allowing guests time to check out properly.
- All guests are welcome to come early on the day of arrival, fish or relax in the bar & restaurant.
- A member of our team will be more than happy to make you a tea and coffee whilst you’re waiting in our coffee shop
- Our housekeeping/cleaning team start at 8am with the intention of completing the task by 2 pm.
- We aim to have your holiday started as soon as possible so as a guide looking at between midday and 2pm.
- Check in, is in the Coffee shop.
- We don’t have an arrangement to consider Sunday or Bank holiday Monday arrivals
- We can work to the next available working day as the earliest alternative
- Arriving after 3pm are difficult for us.
- Option to leave key with bar team in opening hours is available
- If you’re going to be late (after 3pm) kindly let us know and we’ll decide to save you rushing.
- We’ll arrange with you to collect the key and necessary information.
- Office is open 9am to 3pm Monday to Friday.
Out of season
- Arrivals will be confirmed together when booking is made
- Departure by 10am
- Return key to office team before departing.
- Dispose of any rubbish, clean up and leave property in a fine condition.
- Age restriction - Can I bring someone under 18 years old? To visit for the day yes. But not to stay
- Dogs – can I take my dog in the pub? Yes, in the pub, no to the restaurant.
- Fridges - Does the fridge have a freezer? No, because cottages aren’t used every day, freezers, even fridges with freezer compartments can unreliable
- Do you have Sky tv? – No sorry. It’s a cost issue but really Docklow & Fishermans arms bar is about quiet times.
- Shop - Do you have an onsite shop? How far away is the local town? – there is no food shop on site, as we have food available and a fishing tackle shop. Leominster is 4 miles away and has 3 supermarkets amongst lots of independent shops
What do you need to bring?
Tackle sheds and Lock Ups
Gas & Electric
New for 2020 - Recycling & Waste disposal
Arrival & Departure (Change for 2020)
In Season (April to October) Saturday arrivals:
Late arrivals, Sunday & Bank Holiday Monday arrivals
Quick Questions other than fishing….
Is there WIFI in the properties?
Bar offers free WIFI, so farmhouse residents have WIFIIf I can help in any way please don’t hesitate to contact me either via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or office hours on Tel:01568760256 Find us on for both Docklow Pools and the Fisherman’s Arms. Facebook also.