Adult Only Fishing Holidays
In October 2022 we celebrate 50 years of Docklow Pools. It’s argued to be the very first commercial fishery in the UK, if not the best idyllic! So we must be doing something right to have customers returning year after year to enjoy great times including fishing, accommodation and food.
Docklow Pools offers a quiet beautiful fishery set in tranquillity of 110 acres of countryside in the north of Herefordshire, near the borders of Shropshire & Worcestershire. The perfect setting for fishing memories.
The Bozward family have been at “West End Farm” (or Docklow Pools as it now called) since 1972 when it was a working farm. Our first pool, The Mickey Mouse, was dug out at a time when bed and breakfast at the farmhouse was £1 a night! ... the farm as it was a boggy clay fields with natural springs so it was perfect to create a purpose made lake for good times.
We take pride in the hard work and endeavour that followed, to expand the pools and develop the accommodation over the years, by listening to what anglers and their families wanted from us, and in 1972-1980 we converted what was a derelict barn into our first cottages ... Mill Cosy and Poolside.
The farm soon became known as Docklow Pools and the sheep and cows gave way to what we have today... a well-established fishery, comfortable accommodation, good food and sport.
Why not give us a visit - We hope you enjoy
How many fishing holidays in the UK can boast all this?
- Certainly the prettiest and most picturesque place for fishing holidays & breaks in the UK. Beautiful surroundings, fantastic scenery, fresh air, relaxation the delights of Herefordshire
- Predominately we are a “Couples” business intended for peaceful enjoyable times.
- Adults only - Residents over 18 years old.
- Nine established fishing lakes - Including a carp & catfish lake called the Major Bill. A Tench pool. The unique Canal/Snake which is pole anglers dream. Great fishing and great choice
- Six private river stretches across the county, two of which are on the famous River Wye for barbel. Additionally on the productive River Teme and for trotting on the River Lugg
- Great access and convenience to the lakes, facilities and accommodation
- A wide choice of accommodation. From bungalows to Barn conversions. Premier properties to Pet Friendly. Lodges to Bed & Breakfast.
- Bar and Restaurant in the 17th Century Farmhouse, boasting lots of character and log fires on site along with superb great value pub food.
- See our trip advisor reviews www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Docklowpools