Docklow Pools | General Information
- - Docklow Pools is open for pleasure fishing.
- - Consider traveling from your local area.
- - Sadly the Fishermans Arms pub is closed until 12th April. (Reopens for outdoor food & drink only).
- - Holidays restart on the 12th April.
- - Social distancing and sensible covid measures are in place.
- - Diary is open for 2021 holidays.
- - Call 01568 760256 or email email@example.com
Time lines to be aware of:
- - Following announcement on 22nd February '21 with further specific information to follow, holidays for Easter and up until the 12th April are sadly cancelled.
- - Holidays after the 12th April are still very much in play.
- - The Government has a road map which shows earliest dates.
- - Reopen 12th April
- - We can reopen -
- - One Household per property only
- - Fishermans Arms will offer food and drink to be taken away or consumed outside. No indoor service
- - At the earliest 17th May
- - Two households can share a property
- - The Pub will hopefully reopen for people to enjoy indoors
- - There will be measures of course for your safety
- - At the earliest 21st June
- - The Government Goal is no further social distancing restrictions.
- - Docklow Pools is for pleasure fishing
- - There are no spectators at this time.
- - Day tickets - £6 a day.
- - Paid to "honesty box" outside tackle shop
- - Bring an envelope and put your name on
- - Cost is double on the bank if you've not paid.
- - Be aware no facilities open including toilets.
- - Members - business as usual.
- - Reminder that New & Renewal Memberships are ALL dealt with by the Tackle Shop.
- - Not by the office
- - The Tackle shop is closed until 12th April.
- - Kindly hold on to the 12th April and visit them to organise the membership
- - Suggest to call in advance - Telephone 01568760 544 (they will be open on limited hours)
- - The Tackle Shop runs everything fishing here - The Rules. The Bait. The Matches. The Memberships. The Day Fishing. The Rivers.
The Woodland Walk
- - The Woodland Walk at Docklow Pools will reopen on the 12th April.
- - It's free for all patrons of the Fisherman's Arms pub and coffee shop.
- - It's not available for non patrons of Docklow Pools.
The Fisherman's Arms
- - The Restaurant & Bar are closed until 12th April
- - Food and Drink is available to take away or eat outside
- - Limited hours - check for assistance
- - The Sunday Carvery will return at a later date when its sensible to do so.
Holidays & the Office
- - Office will be operated however, we are working from home - please call 01568 760256 and leave a message and we will contact you back.
- - We will operate a limited service for emails and HOLIDAY related calls
- - Please don't contact the office about the membership - contact the shop when it reopens on the 12th April.
Adult Only Fishing Holidays
Docklow Pools fishing holidays offer a quiet beautiful fishery set in tranquillity of 110 acres of countryside in the north of Herefordshire, near the borders of Shropshire & Worcestershire. The perfect setting for fishing holidays and possibly the oldest if not the most handsome venue of its kind in the UK.
The Bozward family have been at West End Farm (as it was then known) since 1972 when it was a working farm, and our first pool, The Mickey Mouse, was dug out at a time when bed and breakfast at the farmhouse was £1 a night! ... how times have changed.
We take pride in the hard work and endeavour that followed, we expanded the pools over the years, listened to what anglers and their families wanted from us, and in 1972-1980 we converted what was a derelict barn into our first cottages ... Mill Cosy and Poolside.
The farm soon became known as Docklow Pools and the sheep and cows gave way to what we have today... a well established fishery, comfortable accommodation, good food and sport.
How many fishing holidays in the UK can boast all this?
- Certainly the prettiest and most picturesque place for fishing holidays & breaks in the UK. Beautiful surroundings, fantastic scenery, fresh air, relaxation the delights of Herefordshire
- Predominately we are a “Couples” business intended for peaceful enjoyable times.
- Adults only - Residents over 18 years old.
- Nine established fishing lakes - Including a carp & catfish lake called the Major Bill. A Tench pool. The unique Canal/Snake which is pole anglers dream. Great fishing and great choice
- Six private river stretches across the county, two of which are on the famous River Wye for barbel. Additionally on the productive River Teme and for trotting on the River Lugg
- Great access and convenience to the lakes, facilities and accommodation
- A wide choice of accommodation. From bungalows to Barn conversions. Premier properties to Pet Friendly. Lodges to Bed & Breakfast.
- Bar and Restaurant in the 17th Century Farmhouse, boasting lots of character and log fires on site along with superb great value pub food.
- See our trip advisor reviews www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Docklowpools