Double rod ticket holders only
Our largest Lake, at approximately 7 acres with a large island in the middle. It’s a really beautiful pool, with trees all around. Lovely and peaceful. 16 pegs.
This is a non-day ticket pool, with only 20 members in its syndicate; predominately it’s a resident’s pool. Night fishing is allowed for guests and members. A great pool if you’re prepared to put the hard work in, the results will come.
An exclusive pool for residents with double tickets and major bill members only.
Not currently taking any new members however a winter ticket is available from October to March.
The Major Bill lake was named after Montys staff Captain who lived in the village of Docklow. A bit of a character…. and so is this lake!
It can be hard work but put the time in and your efforts can be rewarded.
The pool is known to have:
- Cat Fish – 70lbs +
- Gras Carp – 31lbs +
- Common & Mirrors – 30lbs+ but plenty of doubles
- One of the best Catfish pools in the country
- Our biggest lake, approx 7 acres with a large island in the middle.
- 16 quality spacious hard standing pegs in quiet countryside
- Fantastic looking and very quiet & peaceful
- Catfish recorded over 67lbs. Plenty growing.
- There are no day tickets on the Major Bill to fish it in summer you need to stay with us.
- The Major Bill is predominately for people staying in our cottages/lodges etc for a weeks holiday
- Residents can fish the pool for £50 week
- Not the easiest pool to fish in the world, but we believe the effort put will give you great results, and its what fishing should be about
- A 100% Private pool for residents and members. Double Rod ticket holders and over 18yrs only.
- Night fishing available for residents and members on the Major Bill lake
- Please see rules page for further specifics
- Membership – There are just 40 paid up Members for the Major Bill, with a long waiting list. To apply for the waiting list you need to be an existing member to start with. But will managing expectations, for a space to become available are few and far between.
- There is a winter ticket of £100+vat available from 1st October to the end of March each year
- Docklow Pools facebook has lots of guests photographs. Too many to show on this page…
- We do not allow non residents or Non members to walk around this pool. Its kept completely private.