RESIDENTS | MEMBERS
For a change of scenery, residents and members of Docklow Pools can fish Six private stretches of river. We have a nice mixture of barbel fishing and grayling trotting style. All are private and in beautiful peaceful countryside. The cost is included in your weekly ticket so there isn’t any thing more to pay too.
Guests of Docklow Pools can now fish:
The Wye at Rotherwas 4 **** - The best by far, renowned by locals as a prolific stretch of river for everything – barbel, chub, bream and pike. About 19 miles Nearly two miles long. Private parking & short walk to nearest peg. Plenty of beaches along the way. Great for feeder fishing or trotting.
The Wye at Bridge Sollars (Lulham) **** - A 1500-meter private piece of water between Hay on Wye & Hereford. Parking is river side more or less after driving across a field. Has a couple of easy comfortable pegs and some difficult. Produces some big fish here! 20 minutes away by car. Winter time, the Pike fishing is superb, with plenty of recorded 25lb+ monsters.
The River Teme at Broadwas **** - Considered by some as our best stretch, as its easy to get to, park and fish. We own the field so cars can get close to the river. The Teme feeds in to the River Severn close by. It produces, Barbel, Perch, Trout, Dace, Perch, Roach and big Chub.
The River Teme near Tenbury Wells ** - Just 8 miles away. The Teme has a car park literally on the river with plenty of pegs available, although some haven’t been fished for a long time. Great for trotting and chub/grayling centre pin style. Its 2 miles of unfished unspoilt Worcestershire water. Access can be tricky in some cases, but anglers who are mobile or love to wade will love this opportunity. Two separate stretches here.
The River Lugg at Bodenham **** - 5 minutes away by car. Easy parking. Trotting river with some barbel, although grayling fishing is probably its greatest strength feature.
Important information to manage expectations:
- - Rivers aren’t on site at Docklow. They are privately owned stretches which are 20+ minutes away.
- - Some River stretches have limited pegs
- - River stretches have some easy access pegs, and some difficult access pegs. There are no dug out pegs or concrete platforms.
- - Rotherwas stretch has a ten minute walk from car park to the nearest peg.
- - Docklow river stretches are unsuitable for anyone who doesn’t want to walk far.
- - Rivers can be dangerous - anglers fish at their own risk.
- - The river stretches are an add on to the lakes.
- - We believe the river stretches to be fabulous and highly enjoyable. But if you’re looking for perfection this might not be for you.