Docklow Pools & The Fisherman’s Arms Information
- Fishing is open for members only
- Please note - No day tickets. No spectators. No toilet facilities.
- Tackle shop closed.
- No match fishing until further notice
The fisherman’s arms & Tackle Shop
- The whole Docklow Pools Facilities are sadly closed from November 4th until further notice. It’s members only fishing on site.
(As soon as the lockdown is eased and safe to, we’ll reopen)
- Tackle Shop closed
- Woodland walk closed
Holidays & the Office
- The office will be closed – however we will operate a limited service for emails and HOLIDAY related calls
- This lockdown has delayed the invoicing and pricing for 2021 holidays. Don’t worry. We’ll get back on track very soon.
- Any holiday booked in November is sadly cancelled. We’ll be in touch to rebook.
- Please call us regards Holidays only phonecalls
Adult Only Fishing Holidays
Docklow Pools fishing holidays offer a quiet beautiful fishery set in tranquillity of 110 acres of countryside in the north of Herefordshire, near the borders of Shropshire & Worcestershire. The perfect setting for fishing holidays and possibly the oldest if not the most handsome venue of its kind in the UK.
The Bozward family have been at West End Farm (as it was then known) since 1972 when it was a working farm, and our first pool, The Mickey Mouse, was dug out at a time when bed and breakfast at the farmhouse was £1 a night! ... how times have changed.
We take pride in the hard work and endeavour that followed, we expanded the pools over the years, listened to what anglers and their families wanted from us, and in 1972-1980 we converted what was a derelict barn into our first cottages ... Mill Cosy and Poolside.
The farm soon became known as Docklow Pools and the sheep and cows gave way to what we have today... a well established fishery, comfortable accommodation, good food and sport.
How many fishing holidays in the UK can boast all this?
- Certainly the prettiest and most picturesque place for fishing holidays & breaks in the UK. Beautiful surroundings, fantastic scenery, fresh air, relaxation the delights of Herefordshire
- Predominately we are a “Couples” business intended for peaceful enjoyable times.
- Adults only - Residents over 18 years old.
- Nine established fishing lakes - Including a carp & catfish lake called the Major Bill. A Tench pool. The unique Canal/Snake which is pole anglers dream. Great fishing and great choice
- Six private river stretches across the county, two of which are on the famous River Wye for barbel. Additionally on the productive River Teme and for trotting on the River Lugg
- Great access and convenience to the lakes, facilities and accommodation
- A wide choice of accommodation. From bungalows to Barn conversions. Premier properties to Pet Friendly. Lodges to Bed & Breakfast.
- Bar and Restaurant in the 17th Century Farmhouse, boasting lots of character and log fires on site along with superb great value pub food.
- See our trip advisor reviews www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Docklowpools