Docklow Pools | General Information
- - Docklow Pools is open & following Government Guidelines.
- - Social distancing and sensible covid measures are in place.
- - Diary is open for 2021 holidays.
- - Holidays business as usual, bedding, pots & pans etc will be provided this year.
- - Call 01568 760256 or email email@example.com
- - Please don't contact the office about the membership - contact the Tackle Shop
- Docklow Pools is open for fishing
- Day Tickets
- - £6 a day purchased from tackle shop when open
- - Prebooking not required
- - Cost is double on the bank if you've not paid.
- - Run by tackle shop. Book in with them 01568 760544
- - Breakfasts available
- - Residents or Members only – no day tickets
- - Must book with tackle shop
- - Padlock on access gate provided by tackle shop when you book
- - Reminder that New & Renewal Memberships are ALL dealt with by the Tackle Shop.
- - Not by the office
- - Suggest to call in advance - Telephone 01568760 544 (they will be open on limited hours)
- - The Tackle Shop runs everything fishing here - The Rules. The Bait. The Matches. The Memberships. The Day Fishing. The Rivers.
The Woodland Walk
- - The Woodland walk doesn’t include the lakes. Please keep that peaceful for our residents.
- - The woodland walk is only available to patrons of the Fisherman’s Arms.
- - It’s not like a National Trust, it’s purely there to reward Fisherman Arms customers to use.
- - It is not a free walk –
- Free of charge = We ask all customers use the Fisherman’s Arms
- £10 per car for those who don’t use the Fisherman’s Arms
- The woodland walk is available all day for residents. For non-residents it mirrors the Fisherman’s Arms hours.
The Fisherman's Arms
- - Food and Drink is available from 8am Every day.
- - The Sunday Carvery will return at a later date when its sensible to do so.
Adult Only Fishing Holidays
Docklow Pools fishing holidays offer a quiet beautiful fishery set in tranquillity of 110 acres of countryside in the north of Herefordshire, near the borders of Shropshire & Worcestershire. The perfect setting for fishing holidays and possibly the oldest if not the most handsome venue of its kind in the UK.
The Bozward family have been at West End Farm (as it was then known) since 1972 when it was a working farm, and our first pool, The Mickey Mouse, was dug out at a time when bed and breakfast at the farmhouse was £1 a night! ... how times have changed.
We take pride in the hard work and endeavour that followed, we expanded the pools over the years, listened to what anglers and their families wanted from us, and in 1972-1980 we converted what was a derelict barn into our first cottages ... Mill Cosy and Poolside.
The farm soon became known as Docklow Pools and the sheep and cows gave way to what we have today... a well established fishery, comfortable accommodation, good food and sport.
How many fishing holidays in the UK can boast all this?
- Certainly the prettiest and most picturesque place for fishing holidays & breaks in the UK. Beautiful surroundings, fantastic scenery, fresh air, relaxation the delights of Herefordshire
- Predominately we are a “Couples” business intended for peaceful enjoyable times.
- Adults only - Residents over 18 years old.
- Nine established fishing lakes - Including a carp & catfish lake called the Major Bill. A Tench pool. The unique Canal/Snake which is pole anglers dream. Great fishing and great choice
- Six private river stretches across the county, two of which are on the famous River Wye for barbel. Additionally on the productive River Teme and for trotting on the River Lugg
- Great access and convenience to the lakes, facilities and accommodation
- A wide choice of accommodation. From bungalows to Barn conversions. Premier properties to Pet Friendly. Lodges to Bed & Breakfast.
- Bar and Restaurant in the 17th Century Farmhouse, boasting lots of character and log fires on site along with superb great value pub food.
- See our trip advisor reviews www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Docklowpools