The Major Bill lake was named after Montys staff Captain who lived in the village of Docklow. A bit of a character…. and so is this lake!
It can be hard work but put the time in and your efforts can be rewarded.
The pool is known to have:
- Cat Fish – 70lbs +
- Gras Carp – 31lbs +
- Common & Mirrors – 30lbs+ but plenty of doubles
- One of the best Catfish pools in the country
- Our biggest lake, approx 7 acres with a large island in the middle.
- 16 quality spacious hard standing pegs in quiet countryside
- Fantastic looking and very quiet & peaceful
- Catfish recorded over 67lbs. Plenty growing.
- There are no day tickets on the Major Bill to fish it in summer you need to stay with us.
- The Major Bill is predominately for people staying in our cottages/lodges etc for a weeks holiday
- Residents can fish the pool for £50 week
- Not the easiest pool to fish in the world, but we believe the effort put will give you great results, and its what fishing should be about
- A 100% Private pool for residents and members. Double Rod ticket holders and over 18yrs only.
- Night fishing available for residents and members on the Major Bill lake
- Please see rules page for further specifics
- Membership – There are just 40 paid up Members for the Major Bill, with a long waiting list. To apply for the waiting list you need to be an existing member to start with. But will managing expectations, for a space to become available are few and far between.
- There is a winter ticket of £100+vat available from 1st October to the end of March each year
- Docklow Pools facebook has lots of guests photographs. Too many to show on this page…
- We do not allow non residents or Non members to walk around this pool. Its kept completely private.
5th May 2011 -Steve Henderson
Hi Jonathan, thanks for a brilliant week. Its been incredible! Ended up for the week with over 80 doubles! The other two lads had about the same, its been amazing. Lots of photos on Facebook. Smallest fish for the week was 8lb! Cats were great but the Crap were in beautiful nick. Cant wait to come back – Steve H May 2011
Ricky Kilby – 3 cats in 3 hours.12th June 2010. 31lbs, 28lbs & 20lbs. Peg 9
Steve Cook. 67lb Cat Caught 4th April 2009 – British Record which is now frozen was 62lbs