Docklow Pools is a small family run business owned by Michael & Josephine Bozward
- Docklow Pools accommodation is for adults only.
- Which in definition means guests of 18 years +.
- (Under 18’s are welcome to fish with an adult on a day ticket basis but cannot stay as a resident).
- No children under 18 years old are allowed in the cottages.
- Maximum party size is 6 guests
- Docklow is a quiet peaceful place.
- We do not accept liability for any damage/injury or loss to any person of your party or any vehicle or possessions unless it is proven in court that we are responsible
- Thieves will be prosecuted and the Police involved
- Weekly holidays are Saturday to Saturday – 7 days
- Any other arrangement is priced under our short break scheme
- Docklow Pools reserves the right to refuse a booking
- The named guest on the paperwork is responsible for:
- The conduct of their party
- Sharing paperwork including fishing rules with all party before arrival
- Any debt or damage caused by their party
- Outstanding accounts
- Bad debts or unnecessary damage will be follow through by our solicitor
- All holidays are to be paid in full two months before arrival. The responsibility to pay on time is with the customer.
- There is no “Pay on the day” arrangement
- Late payments are subject to £20 late fee to cover administration chasing outstanding balance
- All Payments are non-refundable.
- However we will always try and help rebook a holiday if ample time is given so both guests and Docklow Pools do not lose out.
- If a holiday is moved to a later date because of exceptional circumstance, the new date must be before 1st April the following year. 1st April is cutoff date (subject to availability)
- This is subject to an admin/arrangement charge of £30
- A deposit is expected to be paid of £50 per person per week, minimum of £100 within seven days of the booking being made.
- Deposits for roll over bookings are requested in December for a final date of payment 31st January
- Docklow Pools accepts in way of method of payment =Debit card, Bacs online, cash or traditional cheques.
- A charge could be levied for Debit & Credit cards of the total of the transaction (which is what Barclaycard charge us for the privilege card)
- There are no discounts or deals – all payments are banked
- All payments are subject to VAT which is included in the price –
- This applies to everything Docklow Pools sells – Holidays, fishing, restaurant etc
- All customers have a 7 day cancellation period from the date of the first payment received should they change their mind. Deposit returned in full.
- We recommend all guests to take travel insurance
- Holidays are nonrefundable should you be unable to attend
- Holidays cancelled less than two months before arrival may still be charged full rate if the holiday is not sold.
- We recommend all guests advise us immediately if they cannot attend so we can assist and are fully aware of how it effects both yourself and Docklow Pools
Short Breaks are:
- Minimum 3 nights – usually from April to Mid-October
- Available on 6 properties only as stated from April to October
- Minimum 2 nights options on limited properties usually from Mid-October to Mid-March
All male parties can stay in:
- The self-catering fisherman lodges (weekly only)
- Farm house bed & breakfast (weekly only)
- A selection of two or three bedroom traditional cottages (short break & weekly options available).
Fishing & Rules:
- We ask all anglers to read the up to date rules
- It’s is forbidden to use ground-bait or barbed hooks – We will ask anglers to pack up and leave if caught using
- Rules are in place to keep us a happy, clean business protecting our stock as it protects us.
- All anglers must pay for their fishing.
- We encourage fishing to be paid in advance before arrival, so assist us with planning
- Single and Double Rod weekly permits include the Docklow Pools stretches of the Teme and Wye
- Major Bill bookings are booked and paid in advance. No payment no guarantee
- Day ticket covers Mickey Mouse, Moby Dick & Figures of Eight lakes only.
- A membership scheme is available to regular visitors
- We do not allow aggressive breeds of dogs or yappy animals that may disturb the peace & quietness.
- To bring dogs or a cat in pet friendly properties the charge is £30 per week paid in advance.
- Pets are only allowed in pet friendly properties
- All fishing tackle and bait must be kept in the tackle locks.
- Fishing bait & equipment must not be kept in the cottages including fridges under any circumstances
- There is a strict no smoking policy in all properties.
- Do not tamper with the smoke/heat alarms. We reserve the right to make a charge if this policy is ignored
- All damage or breakages caused by a guest will be charged
- Excessive cleaning which has been caused by guests leaving a property in a standard other than they found may be charged
- Premier Properties: Which the exception of Gone Fishing apartment is allocated to Couples only.
- All male party? Yes (If “Yes” please aware of potential cleaning bond requested upon arrival to cover unnecessary extra cleaning normally £100)
- We may check the property during the stay.
General – allow one BBQ a week Behaviour
- We ask all guests and residence to refrain from bad language across & around the pools.
- Also in public areas such as the bar & restaurant. We want people to have a good enjoyable time without spoiling it for others
- Banned – ban applies for life