Our staff who bailiff the pools are here to help and will check randomly rigs and bait. For help and advice call the shop on 01568760 544
General Rules – All Lakes
- Thieves will be prosecuted – all fish must be returned to the lake they were caught immediately
- Regardless of Nationality all anglers are expected to read the rules BEFORE fishing. Responsibility of all anglers to abide by the rules
- No night fishing – All anglers to pack up an hour before dark
- Litter louts will be banned. Please leave facility clean and tidy. Dust bins behind tackle shop
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times. -No “yappy or aggressive dogs”
- Landings Nets– To be used to land all fish over 4oz.
- Please no beaching or swinging fish in over 4oz
- Each angler to have a landing net each. No sharing.
- Keep Docklow quiet and peaceful – no shouting or swearing across the lake.
- Cars must be left on the car park at all times. No cars to be taken around the lakes
- CCTV in operation
Day Tickets Anglers
- Regardless of Nationality expect every angler to read and abide by the rules shown. No excuse for language barrier. Please do not fish here if you don’t understand our rules
- Day ticket pools are: Mickey Mouse, Moby Dick & Figure of 8 only.
- All other lakes are private for residents and members.
- All children under 16 must be accompanied with an adult. (One adult for every child)
- Spectators – One per angler. No large groups.
- All anglers should have an Environment Agency license
- Day Tickets are purchased from shop for £5.
- Cost is double (£10) if purchased on bank from bailiff. No exceptions.
- After shop closes use honesty book, writing on an envelope your name date. Post envelope into honesty box by shop with correct money inside
Baits & Rigs Rules – (All Lakes)
- Barbless hooks only venue. No Pinched barbs.
- Bait bans:
- Ground bait (including method mix). Paste. Cat food / Dog meat.
- Pellets:Docklow Tackle shop purchased pellets only to be used for loose feed. Max usage of 2 bags per session. Please keep bag as proof of purchase. No other pellets allowed.
- Docklow Tackle services the local area for bait so you may find other brands of pellet which can’t be used on our lakes for sale. Check with shop.
- Surface fishing- A great way to catch in the summer.
- With a Pole is preferred because of the elastic.
- Using a rod and line must be done using a free running ledger or bomb.
- No direct surface fishing i.e. No bubble floats, controllers or free lining.
- Bans - No braided main line or hook lengths.
- Please don’t touch fish with rags as this will eventually kill them.
- No Bolt rigging just in case of breakoff.
- Open/cage feeders are fine without banned baits above.
- Stock Pond: – Float fishing only. No floating bait
- Clubs breaking rules such as litter, bad language and bait ignorance will lose their roll future booking. Club secretary is responsible to share rules with their members attending
- Separate silver and carp nets preferred.
- 6 hour match maximum so the fish can be returned as quickly as possible.
- Use weighing mates where possible, please don’t tip fish onto a hard surface.
- Fishery rules apply including no surface bait fishing (from April 2014) on all knock ups, Opens, festivals, matches and residents matches
- Private Clubs to leave Docklow Pools & bar by 7pm at latest
- Docklow Pools matches are run by Docklow Tackle 01568760 544
- Docklow run matches in summer are: Saturday on Snake, Sunday on Stock Pool, Tuesday on Match, Thursday on Farmer Jack.
- Farmer Jack, Snake, Stock & Match may occasionally be booked on weekends for private clubs but rarely if ever on week days. Please on line or tackle shop if necessary
- Non day ticket or matches – River members or residents only
- Please call shop to book in, so we can work in harmony with the local farmers
- No litter or leaving gates open or inconsiderate parking
(Slightly different to above as it’s a specimen pool)
- Private lakefor Major Bill members & residents who’ve paid £50 per week.
- Must be 18yrs or over.
- No guests anglers
- If you’re neither a Major Bill member nor resident then this pool is closed for viewing
- 7 acre lake. 16 Pegs available – Residents must pay their £50 before arrival to guarantee a peg
- No match tackle i.e. poles, match rods etc.
- Rig Bans:-
- No fixed bolt rigs.
- No quicksilver braids, sacks or nets.
- Hook length to be less than the main line.
- No lead core.
- Coated braided hook lengths are allowed on the major bill, strength of hook length must be less than the strength of mono main line i.e. no braided main line.
- Bivvies’should be attended at all times.
- No reserving pegs.
- Maximum 5 days bivvied up in the same peg.
- No live baiting or removal of any fish. Ultimately cruel
- Pellets are allowed on the Major Bill.
- Minimum 42” landing net without exception because of the size of the fish
- Unhooking mats – Must be large enough to deal with big Cat fish, and preferably of the poly ball variety.
- Major Bill membership covers you for a maximum of 3 rodstotal.
- 4th rods will be charged at £20 a day.
- Two or three rod rule, if someone is in the next peg, please use a bit of consideration
- Cars must be parked on the car park.
- No setting up after dark. Major Bill anglers must not leave the fishery during darkness
- Docklow Pools reserves the right to cancel a membership if rules have been blatantly ignored or broken
Expect all members to know the rules, observe the rules and assist Docklow Pools with the rules. Please report any issues to tackle shop or office immediately