(April 2014) Please be aware – Caravans at Docklow Pools
We have 20 pitches for caravans, perfectly situated privately behind and close to all lakes, but literally on the side of the gorgeous railway pool which is well stocked too.
Seventeen pitches have now been leased, (not surprisingly really) on annual arrangements to regular valued guests. Leaving the remaining pitches for tourers to enjoy. The plan and intention, hopefully will be all 20 to be semi permanent arrangements. Dont be surprised if all 20 go before the summer.
Naturally it does mean that upon 20 pitches becoming “sold” then there wont be any more touring options on the present site. That doesnt mean its out of bounds because to most people its perfect and allows anglers to come and visit Docklow, its just us being too honest and managing expectations. For that reason we wont make advance bookings now of more than 6 weeks ahead on a touring pitch rental.
Good news also is that the roads connecting the pitches are being tarmaced on the 14th April 2014.
Prices have been kept sensible. Compared to many caravan businesses in the local three counties and with the facilities we offer, the rates are a bit of a bargain.
As always we an adults only business (18 years +), and no large parties. Essential to keep Docklow peaceful and quiet for us all to enjoy
- Booked and paid in advance. Prices include VAT
- Non-members – £20 a night
- Docklow Members discounted to £17.50 a night
- Prices include awnings
- Day ticket fishing is £5 a day for day ticket pools purchased from tackle shop
- Dogs £4 a night or annual £50 license available
- Invited valued customers
- Arrangement is on going – not seasonal
- Paid by standing order month only – £150 per month including vat (frozen price since 2010)
- Responsible for electricity usage from 1st October to 31st March – paid in one installment
- Responsible for own maintenence
Normal rules apply – Adults only etc
If youre interested in a storage pitch please give Jonathan a call on 01568760256
Terms, conditions and Information
- 20 pitches – Will reduce as permanents increase to full 20 capacity
- Pitches are £20 a night
- Discount applies to Docklow Pools members to £17.50 a night per pitch
- Prices include awnings
- Recommend all regular visitors become Docklow Pools members. Caravan customers are not consider full residents – therefore we recommend membership to regulars who wish to fish the lakes and rivers – www.docklowpools.com/docklow-membership.php
- To fish all lakes as a “resident” either become a member or stay in one of our weekly rented properties
- Pitches to be paid up front either online or via debit card in full when booking. Non payment will mean readvertising pitches.
- Cancellations – all monies paid are non refundable – outside 14 days before arrival monies moved to an alternative date within two months of date booked. Within 14 days monies are lost. Suggest all guests insure their holidays in the event of something unexpected.
- Members please be aware of rules for fishing regarding guests
- Caravaners must buy day tickets if non members. Three pools available – Mickey Mouse, Moby Dick and Figure of 8.
- Caravan guests can not fish the residents match on a Tuesday but are invited to fish the three other Opens held each week at Docklow
- Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times. Charge is still £4 per pet per day. We dont accept aggressive or “yappy” animals.
- Access road has changed. Access since 2010 has been past Farm Jack pool over small brook Ford.
- Pitches have electric hook up, and waste disposal and satalite connection
- No tents or children under 18 years old
- Maximum party size is 4 guests per caravan
- Pitches available at Midday of arrival, and must be vacated unless agreed otherwise at 11.30am
- It is important to note that as we are at a bottom of a valley the TV signal can sometimes be vague with the weather and tree cover. Recommended to bring your own sky aerial if television is important to you. Prices for the pitches have hardly increased in the last few years even with VAT rises to reflect the tv signal. Stronger signal will apply when pitches move
- Water supply is switched off from the Sunday after bonfire night until 1st weekend of April. Water still available yet not on instant tap feed.
Please read Docklow Rules on fishing. For bookings or questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call week day time only 01568 760 256